[Rhythmbox-devel] Plug-in no longer working since update on Manjaro

Dear list.

Sorry this isn't really development related but I don't have easy access to IRC due to poor data connection
and this was the only other place I could see to try and ask for help.

I have been using a plug-in written by a friend of mine for about 5 years now. Since an update which went
through to Manjaro (Arch based distro) a month or so ago it no longer works. Rhythmbox takes ages to load if
it's enabled and then the plugin isn't working once it does eventually start up (at first I thought RB was
completely ruined.)

Unfortunately my friend now lives in an ashram in India and doesn't go near any coding so I can't ask him to
try and fix the code and I have zero python skills, and with aforementioned internet connectivity trying to
teach myself it right now is hardly an option.

The plugin is very useful so maybe somebody might like to check it out and decide it's worth maintaining
directly. The main features are the ability to select multiple genre from the genre tree (with collapsible
sub-genres) and then you can either play normally or there is add to queue functionalities (either number of
songs or a set amount of time. Most important for me is the drag and drop functionality for changing a tracks
genre. I use it for organising my music for Mixxx and DJing out, having a certain number of pre-defined
genres into which every track in my DJ music archive get put. Having lost the ability to do this via drag and
drop is a royal pain!

Hopefully somebody thinks this sounds like a worthwhile plugin and would like to have a look. Here's the
link: https://github.com/carl-codling/RBGenreTools

Sorry if you don't think this belongs here, maybe I can try and find a Python/Linux group otherwise....

Kind regards, Dale.