Re: [system-tools] Network Proxy + Network Configuration

Hi Francisco!

Sorry for the delay (I should get a way to put it automatically in my
mails ):

El jue, 13-05-2004 a las 21:33, +0100, Francisco Gama escribió:
> hi
>
> First, as my first a new subscriber of this mailing-list i would like to
> start posting a suggestion which i consider to be useful.
> Gnome has an option in the menu Applications > Desktop Preferences
> called Network Proxy.
>
> However there is another place in Gnome default install which allows
> users to take manage connections which is in System tools > Network
> configuration.
>
> Why not join then in a single option (preferly in System tools)? Network
> Proxy could just be one more tab of the Network configuration which
> could make it even more acessible (as we don't need to open two
> applications when configurating a new network) and a little more logic
> (i guess).
>
> Another useful tip would be to also integrate Network Proxy options with
> the Network Configuration Profiles. I think it's obvious, why...

I mostly agree, but we've got a problem here (well, actually 2):

- The network proxy capplet is inside gnome core, while the GST aren't,
that may be a problem for people
- The proxy stuff is per-user config, while the network-admin stuff is
system-wide, we might want to handle this more intelligently than now if
we want to mix both concepts in a single app

but of course I agree in that the gnome control center capplets and the
GST should be much more integrated

> That's all, Thanks for attention :)

	Thanks for your comments :)