Re: [Usability] Mac-Finder-like keyboard-navigation: Ctrl="and close the current one"

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 09:31, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> I don't think many people even know about the metacity keybinding, though
> those users might be very vocal. I think that the Nautilus feature will be
> far more useful, and used, by future GNOME users, just as it is on the Mac.

Hmm.  I'm not too sure about this.  Just because Windows/Mac don't have
virtual desktops doesn't mean normal users won't use them.  To be
honest, when I show that feature to Windows/Mac users, they generally
go, "Wow!"  Instead of hiding a feature other platforms don't have, in
this case, I'd rather see us *advertising* the feature the other
platforms don't have.

> It's not such a great hardship to use the panel workspace switcher to switch
> to another workspace.

It is if you don't/can't use a mouse, yes?

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.