Re: [Usability] Galeon's Find Feature

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 10:14, Alan Horkan wrote:

> If it is a dialog then Esc should dismiss it in the least destructive way
> possible.  I expect that is an oversight, they might have bound Esc to
> Stop but it should still dismiss dialogs and only cause a Stop when in the
> main document window.

There are a couple of bugs open about this.  The HIG specifies that Esc
is to be used for Cancel or Stop, and nothing else.  The only bugs
people have ever filed about Esc not activating "Close" is in Find
dialogs... so the most popular conclusion so far is that we need to do
Find dialogs better, rather than have Esc sometimes mean "Cancel - I
didn't mean that", and sometimes mean "Close - yes I did" :)

Cheeri,
Calum.