Re: [Usability] using voodoocaht my fav chat wif linux gnome

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, scooter wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:37:45 -0500
> From: scooter <scooter174a hotmail com>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: [Usability] using voodoocaht my fav chat wif linux gnome
>
> helo friend,sorry if this is wrong place to ask this but i have a ?. If

Sorry no, this is not the right place to ask but I'll try to help anyway.
(and you need to be subscribed to the list to post to it in future*)
The gnome usability list is about discussing ways to improve usability in
Gnome and other ways to make it user friendly.  Rather than answering
specific user questions we are trying to fix things to be more obvious and
easier to use so that less questions need to be asked by beginners.

> u would check out this site and advise me if linux suse and gnome dektop
> will work with this caht >found at www.voodoochat.com its a common real

I did a quick search on Google for Voodo Chat and I came up with this
project http://voc.sourceforge.net/ which works on Windows/Linux/Unix and
appears to be the same kind of thing.

> tiem chat much like irc but u have pitures in the room voice buddy list
> lots cool stuff i hat e to put out the money if linux cant make this
> thing work cuz if it cant i have to stay with windows=[

On the internet many people do not speak English as their first langauge,
and even for those of us that do it is much harder to read if you use lots
of slang and abbreviations.  Also the more clearly you ask your question
the better the answer you are likely to get (and it makes people think
I'm older an more mature than I actually am ;)

>     thanks again sorry if this is wrong place for this,if so please
> forward to the correct mailing list ty so much

There are many Linux User Groups (LUGs) which often have helpful lists,
and there are lists out there specifically for SuSE users too which would
probably be much better places to ask this kind of question.

I hope you will continue to enjoy using Gnome.  Good luck.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

* Note to the usability list: it was informally decided that list policy
should be to let through any non-spam email, even if it is not appropriate
to the list which is why I let the message through.  If you want that
policy changed you should drop an email to usability-maint