Re: [Usability] Gnome Wallpaper Properties

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 12:29, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> > - I like the simpler appearance, and the better consistency with the
> > Theme Preferences window (although that could be improved even further).
>
> Suggestions for improvement are welcome. I am going to be patching the
> gnome-thumbnail code and such so that the displayed meta-data can be
> greatly improved.

Should it maybe be using the GTK2.3 file selector, and not the older 2.2
file selector?

Also, when selecting an image, a thumbnail/preview would rock.  I've got
20 or so odd backgrounds I've downloaded, and when adding them to the
list, I'm not sure which is which.

Finally, would it be possible to let users give them a name/title
besides the filename?  The file moonlt-3.png (or whatever) doesn't mean
much to me, "Moonlit Lake" does.

Finally, what about some way to "Add All" from a directory?  Going back
to my 20-abckground directory (and that's just here at work, my one at
home is much much bigger), manually having to add all these is a pain.
Users may go visit background/wallpaper sites, download a dozen or more,
and would be irritated having to individually add each.

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.