Re: [Vala] Thanks + another problem

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 18:07 +0200, Frederik wrote:
Which one should I prefer:

(char[]) my_string   or    my_string.skip   ?

my_string.skip certainly won't work, that's something completely
different. The array cast might work in the write_chars case.

GLib has a funcion called g_strdelimit() for substituting multiple
delimiter chars with another delimiter. I would like to use it, but I
can't find it in the vapi-definitions of GLib. Has it been forgotten?

g_strdelimit is a bit problematic as it modifies the string in-place
while Vala usually assumes that strings are immutable. We should
probably add a new attribute to support such functions, so that Vala can
automatically copy the string where necessary. Please open a bug about
this.

It should be possible to accomplish the same with g_strsplit_set and
g_strjoinv in the meantime.

Jürg