Re: [Vala] [ModuleInit] and __attribute__ ((constructor)) ?

        Hi, Jürg!

thanks for your answers.

On 12.12.2008 14:04:51, Jürg Billeter wrote:
Hi Ildar,

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 03:03 +0600, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
> I am very new to Vala. Great thanks to Jürg and participants.
> I've a question (or it's really two separate questions?)
> 1. What does [ModuleInit] do?
Vala uses g_type_module_register_type if you add the [ModuleInit] attribute. That's needed if you want to dynamically load and unload plug-ins that define types in the GObject type system.

Again, I've checked the generated C-code for it and found that it does nothing noticeable. That means, that I've compiled with and without [ModuleInit].

2. I want to have __attribute__ ((constructor)) function but cannot figure out how to do it. Any hint?
We do not support this at the moment. It's only available in GCC, as fars as I know.

Ok.

Thanks! Best regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net