Re: [Vala] Remove line numbers from logging

Hi,

2011/4/29 Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo gladwell gmail com>:
Hi Guys

I'm writing some code that uses the GLib log, debug, message etc. static
methods. Is there anyway to disable/remove the pre-pending of file name
and line number to these outputs so that instead of:

[vain] DefaultVainExecution.vala:18: Scanning for projects...

I just print:

[vain] Scanning for projects...

This is because of the [Diagnostics] annotation, I'm not sure if we
should really have it for everything (one could argue that it's only
useful for debug), but it's this way.

Anyway, the workaround I see is to write your own logging functions
that call logv directly.

HTH,
Abderrahim.