[xml] Help please re: libxml2

I have loaded and used libxml2 for years on various forms of Unix. I am now trying Windows (grrr). I am
"expert" on Unix and "moron" on Windows.

I loaded the projects and workspace into Visual C++ version 6 and have some problems.

I easily solved the problem of not finding "iconv.h" although no such file is used in Unix (although I bet I have to make an iconv.lib as well)

Now I get the following:

encoding.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libiconv_close
encoding.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libiconv_open
encoding.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _libiconv
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlFreeAutomata
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlAutomataCompile
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlAutomataSetFinalState
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlAutomataGetInitState
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewAutomata
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlRegexpIsDeterminist
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlAutomataNewState
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlAutomataNewEpsilon
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlAutomataNewTransition
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlRegFreeRegexp
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlRegExecPushString
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlRegNewExecCtxt
valid.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlRegFreeExecCtxt
libxml2/libxml2.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 16 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I don't even want a dll :-) What I need is a static library for libxml2 (and I think iconv and zlib) that is compiled with the "/MT" option instead of "/MD" (otherwise I would just use the binaries!)

Does anyone have any tips for me, new project files (mine are : C:\libxml\libxml2-2.5.11\win32\dsp)? Or does anyone happen to have those 3 libraries in binary form (with "/MT") or know where I can get them?

It would make my life much simpler just to get binaries ... but project files set up to build with "/MT" would be great ... I still don't know my way around project (give me an old fashioned Makefile any day :-)

Thank you!

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122 Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new pictures! Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html