Re: [RFC] The `Manage Identities' dialog

On 2002.05.11 08:36 M. Thielker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had the need to detect a single click on a GtkCList in one of my
> other applications. I found that it is rather easy to do. I simply
> installed a handler for button press events and used the coordinates
> to find the row and column clicked. That way I was able to implement
> something that looked and acted like a real checkbox-in-a-list.
> The same approach should work for almost every gtk widget and would
> do away with the counter-intuitive need to double-click.
> AFAIK it doesn't adversely affect any functionality of the widget as
> long as displaying the update is not attempted from within the
> handler.
>
> Melanie

Hi Melanie!

Another approach is to pick up the current GdkEvent from within the
selection-changed handler, avoiding the need for another handler. But
I'd prefer to stay within the widget's API if possible! I hate messing
with low-level events like button presses.

Peter