Re: [RFC] The `Manage Identities' dialog

Am 2002.05.14 15:29 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
> On 2002.05.14 09:21 Carlos Morgado wrote:
>>
>> On 2002.05.14 14:06:45 +0100 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
>>

>>> Related topic: why does the present dialog display all the information
>>> about an identity, and an `edit' button to bring up a new dialog with
>>> an editable version of the same info? It seems like a lot of trouble:
>>> why not make the original display editable, with its own `apply' and
>>> `cancel' buttons?
>>>
>> point.
>>
>> |       |                |
>> | list  |   editor       |
>> |       | apply  cancel  |
>>
>> where list is
>>
>> | Deflt | Name     |
>> |  <*>  | foo      |
>>
>> clicking on the name column would show that identity on the editor. too
>> contrived ?
>
> Imo: not contrived at all!

IMHO it's ok, and a double click should lead to the editor, too.
You can select an identity with a click on the name and make it the
default with a click on the radiobutton.
Another note: Is it possible to make the changes immediately, and change
the "apply" to a "close"-Button?
It's because many GnomeApps does it this way now?! (just for compatibility)

>> i remember reading something against using small tokens on notebook
>> tabs to show state, it made sense at the time but can't remember where
>> i saw it :)
>
> point. Forget it ;)

No, I think "default" is not that much longer and says much more to joe
average user!

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |      Try Not!