Re: Balsa hangs when turning off SSL for IMAP

On 2004.08.19 17:45, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 08/19/2004 10:13:43 AM, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> I have SSL turned on (port 993) in the config for my IMAP > server. I turned it off to be able to tcpdump the session, and > that made balsa 2.2.3 hang (2.0.17 doesn't have this problem).

Hi Mike!

The port appears to be included explicitly in the server name (see Server on the Basic page)--Balsa now handles it through the checkbox on the Advanced page. Could you delete it from the Server string and try again?

I did that. At first it caused by INBOX/Trash/Drafts/Sent
folders to become visible as seperate mailservers under
Preferences -> Mailservers, which was weird. After that I
had to remove :993 from those folders one by one by
right-clicking on the folders and selecting properties.

After that, the INBOX/Trash/Drafts/Sent folders were gone
from Preferences -> Mailservers and they also appeared
under the standard "imap server" tree in the mailbox list
instead of being listed seperately.

And indeed, now I can turn on/off SSL without balsa hanging.

Perhaps Balsa should remove :993 automatically when SSL
is used (likewise :143 when SSL isn't turned on), that
would make things more logical for those migrating from
2.0 to 2.2

One weird thing though: when I turned off SSL, the tree view
of the Mailbox listing collapsed, I had to expand the
subfolders that I wanted to see again manually. Somehow the
prefs setting got confused I guess.

Still have to enter the password 5 times though .. so that
wasn't related.

Mike.
--
The question is, what is a "manamanap".