beagle problem

Sorry for sending again this mail, my email address at ieee.org is only
an alias for the address at gmail.com.

Hello to everyone,
I have beagle 0.3.1 installed on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy. Gutsy comes with
beagle and libbeagle 0.2.18 in the repositories, so I made my own
packages for the newest version, installed them and created the
indexes, including the static ones.
However some other programs (nautilus and beaglefs) depend on
libbeagle0 (i.e. the 0.2.18 version of the library) so I left this
package installed and didn't install libbeagle1 (the name I gave to the
package for the 0.3.0 version of the library).
I have noticed some problems with the searches: beagle-search
only finds files in my home directory, while nautilus finds files in
my home directory *and* those listed in the static indexes.
beagle-search seems to ignore the static indexes, although these are
listed by beagle-index-info.
Another problem is related to beaglefs that doesn't work at all. When I
run it with this command:

beaglefs -d Figaro /home/<my home dir>/gb

it gives the following output

unique: 1, opcode: INIT (26), nodeid: 0, insize: 56
INIT: 7.8
flags=0x00000003
max_readahead=0x00020000
   INIT: 7.8
   flags=0x00000000
   max_readahead=0x00020000
   max_write=0x00020000
   unique: 1, error: 0 (Success), outsize: 40

** (process:22088): WARNING **: could not handle IsPersistent

** (process:22088): WARNING **: could not handle IsPersistent

<repeat this line many times>

** (process:22088): WARNING **: could not handle IsPersistent

** CRITICAL **: beagle_inode_new: assertion `mime_type && *mime_type !=
'\0'' failed aborting...

and doing an ls of the /home/<my home dir>/gb returns

ls: /home/<my home dir>/gb: Transport endpoint is not connected

Please note that fuse is correctly installed and configured, in fact I
can use encfs. What is wrong in my setup of beagle?

Regards.

* Giuseppe Borzi, Assistant Professor at the              *
* University of Messina - Department of Civil Engineering *
* Address: Contrada di Dio, Messina, I-98166, Italy       *
* Tel:     +390903977323                                  *
* Fax:     +390903977480                                  *
* email:   gborzi ieee org                                *
* url:     http://www.webalice.it/gborzi1                 *