Re: Maybe I'm missing something

I second all that.  That is the basic use for a jog.  I will take
whatever else you all can come up with and be eternally grateful.

mike

On 5/23/06, Jim Clark <jclark00 us ibm com> wrote:

Sorry I was opaque.

 The gist of my request is this. When I place objects in a diagram, I want
them aligned in particular ways. I can use the alignment tools, but those
are not always what I need. I want text to all appear on the same line, for
instance, underneath the boxes they describe. I would like to select the
text and use the arrow key to move it up one pixel.

 Or I have a box that is one pixel off from where I want it. The mouse is a
very sloppy way to grab and place it, just not accurate enough controls--I
would like to have it selected and then use the arrow key to move it. GIMP
has this functionality, which is why I often perform final alignment of my
images in GIMP.

 dia is a wonderful tool-- I am the guy in IBM who got a group of people
worldwide using it for official diagrams. But this would be a nice feature
for those of us who are nit-picky about object placement. As the other guy
said, let me fine-tune the placement and then I will get the attached lines
in place.

 Thanks-

 Jim Clark