[Easytag-mailing] Year field gets automatically "fixed", loosing month and day

Hi,

I recently discovered the following behaviour:

When selecting files (only tried with MP3 files) that have their
``year'' field set to something not-so-standard, i.e. ``2008-01-28'',
Easytag automatically "fixes" this to ``2008'' (it probably gets that
value from the id3v1 tag). How can I stop it from doing so?

I guess such a value is not really standard conformant, but I must say
that I really began to like those. I began using the Picard tagger to
automatically tag my music with MusicBrainz information, and for many
releases there is a full release data available and Picard sets the
``year'' (or is it actually ``date''?) field to this. The client of my
choice also displays those values just fine (which makes sorting by date
more accurate when you have more than one release by an artist from the
same year). The id3/id3v2 command line tools display just the year for
those files.

I still use EasyTag for all my manuall tagging and it is really annoying
that it tries to "fix" the dates. Most of the time I just want to fix
some errors in other fields, but keep the date value like it is. There
is no way to do so currently, at least I haven't found one. I think this
behaviour should be at least optional.

Greetings,
Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A