[Ekiga-list] freeze with Microdia webcam

Hi all,

I'm running Ekiga 2.0.11 on Debian lenny and it works fine. It worked well with
the webcam too, but after an update of the webcam module (uvcvideo), ekiga now
freezes if the camera is connected. If I start ekiga while the camera is
disconnected, it works without problems. But as soon as I connect it, ekiga's
CPU usage jumps to 100% and the GUI stops responding. However, if I unplug the
camera things go back to normal after a couple of seconds. I even get to see the
last frame captured by the webcam before the jumping ball image replaces it.

I use the V4L2 plugin, and Ekiga detects the webcam as a "USB 2.0 camera".The
new driver seems to work well with other apps like xawtv and luvcview.

Thanks,
David

*System details*

~# uname -r
2.6.24-1-686

~$ ekiga --version
GNOME ekiga 2.0.11

~$ dmesg|grep uvcvideo
uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB 2.0 Camera (0c45:62c0)

~# lsusb|grep Microdia
Bus 007 Device 028: ID 0c45:62c0 Microdia

~# lsmod|grep uvcvideo
uvcvideo               52104  0
compat_ioctl32          1408  1 uvcvideo
videodev               26304  1 uvcvideo
v4l1_compat            12580  2 uvcvideo,videodev
v4l2_common            16608  2 uvcvideo,videodev
usbcore               132940  7
uvcvideo,usb_storage,usbhid,hci_usb,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd