Re: [Ekiga-list] freeze with Microdia webcam

> But as soon as I connect it, ekiga's
> CPU usage jumps to 100% and the GUI stops responding. However, if I unplug the
> camera things go back to normal after a couple of seconds. I even get to see the
> last frame captured by the webcam before the jumping ball image replaces it.

I have seen webcams do this, although not specifically with Ekiga. This happened
on older computers with newer software. You have quite recent software. Maybe
you are running on some older hardware like a Pentium II?

I have solved similar problems by adding some swap. Not much is needed either,
maybe a few hundred MB.

Dee

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started!