Re: Latin font

Yesterday at 2:41, Charles Smith wrote:

> Well, sure, I could be the leader if no one else volunteers.  Like I said, I
> ’m only a very, very amateur font maker, as I’ve been just adding diacritics
> and making very few new letters, and taking shortcuts when I do.

That doesn't make a difference: I'm myself not very professional
either, and perhaps we'll get better over time :)

What it takes is some spare time, and some more dedication.  If
you've got those, you'll do fine. :)

> Does
> anyone else want to make some glyphs, perhaps from Latin Extended-B, IPA,
> Greek, Cyrillic...?  Also like I said, I’m working on the Serif font, so if
> anyone else wants to work on a different font, let me know, but I’ve done
> quite a bit with this font already.  Hope to hear something good soon!

I think it's best to start with a project for getting *all* the Vera
fonts updated.  We're not in a hurry, so we can take our time.
Noting that not all fonts have the same coverage is pretty much a
requirement, I'd say.

I'm definitely interested in providing all fonts with Cyrillic
glyphs, though I don't have any immediate plans for that.

So, any thoughts on actually starting on this?

Cheers,
Danilo