Re: BSD license vs. Evolution assigment (was Re: Copyright assignment)

<quote who="Rui Miguel Seabra">

> Nothing, except that you don't get it.

You're reading the wrong (old) copyright assignment document, btw.

> Did you read this form, Waugh, instead of blindingly putting faith in
> what a profit based company tells you to honestly believe?

Keep it nice, or don't bother at all.

> This looks like an attempt at circunventing the intentions expressed by
> the GPL (all who get software get it as Free Software), in the case of
> Evolution...

Copyright assignment has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the the software
being released under the GPL. If you contribute to Evolution under copyright
assignment, you are NOT DOING SO under the GPL.

I am not sure you are interested in resolving this issue, and I don't
believe it seriously impacts your contribution to GNOME, so I'm not at all
impressed by your "outrage" and tone here.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "It's a pan-dimensional cake, and there are many ways to slice it." -
                                Bruce Badger