Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup

<quote who="Alan Cox">

> On Gwe, 2004-08-06 at 19:58, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > I am not convinced you understand the discussion or issues at hand. You
> > seem to think copyright assignment and the GPL are somehow related. They
> > are not.  Perhaps you should refrain from posting until you have some
> > context on what we are discussing here.
>
> Actually I think its you Mr Waugh who doesn't know what he is talking
> about. The foundation exists to create Free Software. As such the matters
> are intimitately intertwined.

Evolution is Free Software.

> Attempting to insult and armwave away serious issues is not the way for a
> member of the Gnome board to behave.

I am not contributing to this discussion as a member of the GNOME Foundation
Board, I am contributing to it as an active member of the GNOME development
community. Additionally, I am not armwaving away serious issues, I've raised
a number of them myself. I *am* armwaving away the kind of manic, combative
accusations being made elsewhere in the thread.

I will follow up over the weekend with my opinions on the issue both
personally and with my Foundation Board hat on. You may wish to read back on
d-d-l to see some of them, posted before this discussion was so thoroughly
hijacked into flames and unreasonable accusations.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "In the pre-Internet age, I was like an Internet kid, with a 3D search
             engine, trying to find weird stuff." - John Safran