Re: Licensing and copyright

Jean-Michel,

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 15:00, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> To make it clearer:
>
> Let us suppose that I am a person of Siberia visiting California. Would you
> agree to sign an assignment under the laws of Siberia? Would you trust the
> Siberian government and the Siberian laws? Even if Siberia is the "best
> country for copyright".
>
> Until a detailed analysis is written by a professor in law, I do not recommand
> any non-US resident to donate ownership of his/her Gnome work to the FSF
> California. If you are an American citizen, there is no problem in doing so.

I didn't realize Siberia was a sovereign state and not a region, but
I do know that the FSF is incorporated in Massachusetts and not
California.  Nevertheless, I think this thread is more threatened by a
dead-end than US law, if we can't lose the paranoid logic and
apocalyptic hypotheses you seem to insist upon.

tim