Re: foundation application..

On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 17:05 +0000, Magdalen Berns wrote:
[...]
It seems proportionate to try to seek compelling evidence to support
the
hypothesis that this is a problem but also that the suggested
solution
will
address that problem in a representative way.

Please, go ahead, collect the evidence and present it here.

I am going to need cooperation with getting access to all the relevant
data, but I am happy to proceed on the basis that I get that. This can be
taken forward, as far as I am concerned.

What is the relevant data that is not already public?

The list of interns is interns is public, the same as the period of
internships, commit logs, bug reports, mailing list discussions.

People who stayed involved should have activity after their internship
finished it.

Looking at that alone would bias the result. Off the top of my head, these
data would need to be compared to the data of sponsored/paid employees
contributing to GNOME since 2005 and that data assessed against how
foundation applications have been handled each year and member engagement
post acceptance/rejection of foundation memberships too. Taking all the
associated errors into account and doing this should help give a fairly
comprehensive overview of the situation and help us determine whether our
assumptions on perceived differences between the motivations of those who
are paid for shorter period of time than those who are paid for longer
periods of time, are justified.

Keep it simple. The point is to check whether asking for 2 extra months
of involvement to internship is based on solid ground, no only
perception or anecdotes, as you claimed it is done.

The archives with the decisions are public as well.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/