Re: why bonobo-config

> There are plenty of significant GNOME hackers that are not on board
> with the CORBA-everywhere plans that you have.  Personally I think we
> should be focusing on the end-user desktop.  Creating the ultimate
> CORBA-based app framework is interesting, but I don't think it's what
> GNOME should be about right now.

> Some people want to make nice apps with a good UI that work, and fix
> problems such as xalf, cut-and-paste, keyboard navigation, control
> center, etc. - the API churn caused by the push for CORBA everywhere
> just gets in the way. Look at all the posts here where people say "I
> don't give a damn about GConf vs. bonobo-config, I just want to know
> which one to use."

Amen.  I couldn't agree more.  Some people are going to have to make
compromises in various places, or there will never be a GNOME 2.
Developers want to know what concretely GNOME 2 is, api-wise, so they
can start porting apps to it.

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
aim:     jamingray47
web:     http://DoLinux.dyn.dhs.org

Red meat is NOT bad for you. Now, blue-green meat, that's REALLY BAD
for you.  --Tommy Smothers