Re: modules that need releasing - status ?

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Jens Finke wrote:
> > > ORBit is said to be released (0.5.10), but no tarball on gnome FTP
> > > so far. It is needed because GConf-1.1.1 fails to compile with ORBit
> > > 0.5.8.
> >
> > No, it's not the problem of ORBit but of GConf. Apply the attached
> > patch and it should work even with ORBit 0.5.8. This is fixed in CVS
> > and Havoc said he has released a new 1.1.2 version which includes only
> > this patch, but I didn't test it out yet.
>
>         Hmm - we want the latest Gconf to require ORBit-0.5.10, since we
> want it to interoperate with the Gnome 2.0 version of Gconf and this
> requires ORB changes.

Yes, of course we want. The only thing I was referring to were the
compilation problems with the GConf 1.1.1 tarball, when both ORBit1 and
ORBit2 are installed. These problems have nothing to do with any ORBit1
version in the first place, but are a bug in Gconf's configure.in (it
tries to use orbit-idl compiler instead of orbit-idl-2). This bug _only_
occures in the GConf-1.1.1 _tarball_, it's already fixed in CVS.  This was
what I wanted to say. Sorry, for the confusion.

Regards,

  Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin