Re: Gconf glitch

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 02:26, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I think having outcome depend on install order would be totally
> broken, I'm not guessing anyone will advocate it for long...
>
> (With the obvious exception that sometimes it's well-defined and
> enforced by a Prereq.)

Maybe make a rule that the symlink always points to the most recent
installed version, so the postinstall would have a little test to update
the link only if it points to an older version of the tool. The result
will be consistent regardless of installation order, and it makes sense
to me.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton