Re: GnomeFontSelector

Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:
> Hmm, I still think doing this with zvt makes more 'gnome-sense'.

What, in a "GNOME traditionally has an unmaintained terminal widget"
kind of way? ;-) Using xterm in library form to do a terminal widget
would give you results that were just as "gnome-integrated" in the
end.

xterm has several maintainers that work on it, they have a test suite
for the terminal emulation, they have people doing the i18n work.

zvt has any number of small incompatibilities with xterm, it has
redraw bugs, the i18n is broken, and no one has shown any signs of
fixing it in the last year or two.

Not that the contrast matters, since no one is working on librarifying
xterm, any more than anyone is working on zvt.

For the record, I'd be happy if someone fixed zvt, just as much as
someone doing the xterm work. Whatever the person doing the work wants
to do. ;-) But we definitely need some kind of work.

I just mention xterm because if I were doing the work I would do it
that way. I spent some time evaluating how much work there was and how
I would go about it. (Sadly the end conclusion was that I don't have
time.)

Havoc