Re: Panel 2 rules!

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> [ this doesn't even count the sick feeling i get in my stomach when i
> read panel code.  i am neither kidding nor trying to be funny.  it is
> really that bad. ]

You shouldn't be afraid of starting JacobPanel in some other module,
and hacking on that too - I doubt we'd have it for GNOME 2, but if
it's nicer we can use it later. Or at minimum you'd have fun, and use
it yourself. ;-)

i.e. it's fine to work on stuff not targeted at GNOME 2, or maybe not
definitely targeted at GNOME at all -
experimentation/prototyping/innovation aren't bad things. And some
percentage of experiments will even be useful.

Havoc