Re: [g-a-devel]Deleting accessible objects

Hi Padraig,

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 16:52, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> I have been running gtk-demo with at-poke. I cause a window to be created in
> gtk-demo, and examine its contents to ensure that accessible obecjts are created
> and then delete the window. I would expect to see GAIL obejcts being deleted in
> gtk-demo but I have not seen any evidence of GAIL objects being deleted when the
> corresponding widgets are deleted.
>
> Should these GAIL obejcts be deleted?

	Well; there are 2 points here.

	It seems to me that there is 0 point in keeping around a heavy
CORBA/Bonobo proxy for an otherwise dead AtkObject - so I think
(personally) that coupling the lifecycle of the BonoboObject primarily
to the AtkObject, and secondarily to the reference count would make more
sense than the current setup.

	Secondly - there are 3 places there may be a bug:

	a) libspi/ g_object reference counting - perhaps we leak a
	   reference here, and the BonoboObject peer doesn't release it.

	b) cspi/ perhaps we don't release the remote reference correctly
	   when we quit.

	c) most likely - at-poke has an Accessible_ref / unref leak
	   somewhere. I believe if you exit the app it should auto-cleanup