Re: I couldn't compile my gnome-db application!!!

Rodrigo Moya escribió:

> Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> >
> > Hello, this weekend i began an application to manage a radio station and
> > when i try to add a simple gnome-db support it gaves me some errors.
> >
> > First, i'm using the official gnome-db-0.0.96. I want use it with
> > PostgreSQL. When i want compile the application the gda.h gave me an
> > error, because (i think) all the gnome-db's *.h are wrong? they must
> > include the .h as <gda/gda*.h> but they use <gda*.h>, why???.
> >
> you should use the gda-config script (which works exactly as
> glib-config, gtk-config, gnome-config...). So, when compiling:
>
> gcc -o file.o `gda-config --cflags client-ui` -c file.c
>
> to link:
>
> gcc -o file `gda-config --libs client-ui` file.o
>
> I'm not sure if the 0.0.96 supports 'client-ui`, so if not, use gdaui
> instead. Anyway, if you run gda-config with no parameters, it will show
> a help screen with all the available libraries.

I have use it as Vivien do, but it gaves me an error and then modify it as:
gda-config --cflags and gda-config --libs

I will try it this night.

> > When i correct this, error?, then i began to compile my application (i
> > have stolen all the gASQL's code to include the gnome-db support at
> > configure.in and Makefile.am, sorry Vivien :-) ). But it gaves me a lot
> > of errors, it can find the functions definitions. I don't know what i
> > must do, here are the function i have write to make the test:
> >
> > #include <gda/gda.h>
> > void
> > on_login_ok_button_clicked           (GtkButton       *button,
> >                                       gpointer         user_data)
> > {
> > gchar *user, *pass;
> > GtkWidget *userw, *passw;
> > Gda_Connection *connection;
> >
> >   userw = glade_xml_get_widget (xml,"login_user_entry");
> >   passw = glade_xml_get_widget (xml,"login_pass_entry");
> >   user = gtk_entry_get_text (GTK_ENTRY(userw));
> >   pass = gtk_entry_get_text (GTK_ENTRY(passw));
> >   gda_connection_set_provider(GDA_CONNECTION(connection), "PostGres");
> >   gda_connection_open(GDA_CONNECTION(connection), NULL, user, pass);
> >   printf("I have connected!!\n");
> >   gda_connection_close(GDA_CONNECTION(connection));
> > }
> >
> > I don't know if this is the perfect way to stablish the connection, but
> > i 'm making test and i couldn't compile, when i compile the program i
> > will try to improbe this.
> >
> no, it's not. First of all, you must create the Gda_Connection object,
> which it does not appear to be created in this code. So,
>
>         Gda_Connection* connection = gda_connection_new(gnome_CORBA_ORB());
>         gda_connection_set_provider(connection, "gda-postgres");
>         gda_connection_open(connection, "DSN=dbname;HOST=localhost", user,
> pass);

Ok, thanks.

> But, as I see you're making your own dialog for connecting, why don't
> you use the GnomeDbLoginDialog widget? it is there for helping you!! You
> can see how to use it in gASQL,
> in gda-fe/, in gda-rolodex/ and in the testing/glade/db_login directory.

Well, i don't use the gnome-db's one because i want have only one user in the
database and many diferent users to the program.

> And as I also see that you're using libglade, you may want to put the
> GnomeDb-specific widgets directly in your form designed in Glade. This
> is supported in the CVS version of Glade. They are not very advanced,
> you can only put them in the resulting .glade file, so you may also want
> to hack on this code to make them useful when using them from glade.

Well, I only have one question. I need to recompilate the Glade?

I have problems with the oaf, and gnome-db when i compile....

Byes