Re: I couldn't compile my gnome-db application!!!

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

> Rodrigo Moya escribió:
>
> > Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello, this weekend i began an application to manage a radio station and
> > > when i try to add a simple gnome-db support it gaves me some errors.
> > >
> > > First, i'm using the official gnome-db-0.0.96. I want use it with
> > > PostgreSQL. When i want compile the application the gda.h gave me an
> > > error, because (i think) all the gnome-db's *.h are wrong? they must
> > > include the .h as <gda/gda*.h> but they use <gda*.h>, why???.
> > >
> > you should use the gda-config script (which works exactly as
> > glib-config, gtk-config, gnome-config...). So, when compiling:
> >
> > gcc -o file.o `gda-config --cflags client-ui` -c file.c
> >
> > to link:
> >
> > gcc -o file `gda-config --libs client-ui` file.o
> >
> > I'm not sure if the 0.0.96 supports 'client-ui`, so if not, use gdaui
> > instead. Anyway, if you run gda-config with no parameters, it will show
> > a help screen with all the available libraries.
>
> I have use it as Vivien do, but it gaves me an error and then modify it as:
> gda-config --cflags and gda-config --libs
>
> I will try it this night.

oops, sorry, there was indeed a typo in the current gda-config in CVS.
The help screen showed client-ui as one of the libraries, but then this
parameter was only accepted if clientui. So get the current version of
CVS.

> > But, as I see you're making your own dialog for connecting, why don't
> > you use the GnomeDbLoginDialog widget? it is there for helping you!! You
> > can see how to use it in gASQL,
> > in gda-fe/, in gda-rolodex/ and in the testing/glade/db_login directory.
> >

> Well, i don't use the gnome-db's one because i want have only one user in the
> database and many diferent users to the program.
>

> > And as I also see that you're using libglade, you may want to put the
> > GnomeDb-specific widgets directly in your form designed in Glade. This
> > is supported in the CVS version of Glade. They are not very advanced,
> > you can only put them in the resulting .glade file, so you may also want
> > to hack on this code to make them useful when using them from glade.
>
> Well, I only have one question. I need to recompilate the Glade?

yes, and I think you must specify a --with-gnome-db or something similar
parameter.

> I have problems with the oaf, and gnome-db when i compile....

what problems? You may want to download the OAF RPMS. And for gnome-db,
which errors are you getting?