Documentation on configuring gnome defaults

Hi

I have just successfully (well mostly) compiled gnome on the solaris 2.7
system used at my university.  I run a small group within the
computer science department which provides games and utilities for the
students here.

Due to problems with security, Limited colour displays, and Proccessor
usage I need to be able to control the default gnome settings. I can use
the menu editor to control the system menus - but I have not found any
way to setup default themes, and application settings. For example - I
would like to change the default tile images used on the panel.

I have not been able to find any documentation on this subject, and was
wondering if anyone new where to find some.

If this is the wrong mailing list for this request - sorry :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matthew Rantell

matthera@cogs.susx.ac.uk
mat@rantell.freeserve.co.uk