Re: Did I miss something? (gnome2-user-guide)

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 02:28:15PM -0700, Chris Lyttle wrote:
[...]
> OK. I think I understand that you wish to preserve the changes. I propose
> an alternative that may be a better solution (at least for me). First we
> tag current CVS with gnome-omf-branch, then create a branch from that.
> This branch would preserve the OMF changes made. I then revert the OMF
> file changes in HEAD, tag it GNOME-USER-DOCS-2-0-0 and do a release based
> on that. I then merge in the gnome-omf-branch at a future time when a
> version of scrollkeeper is released that supports the changes. This would
> allow us to continue using HEAD while preserving the changes to the OMF
> format that Eugene has proposed.

If you're going to do that, please do it the consistent (with the other
packages) way: the gnome-2-0 branch (the name is important) should
contain stuff specific for GNOME 2.0.x (with whatever reversions are
deemed necessary). HEAD contains all the bleeding edge stuff (like the
short title changes).  Otherwise gnome-user-docs is operating on a
completely different system to every other GNOME 2 module.

Cheers,
Malcolm