Re: Mallard 1.2 Ideas

Hi,

2009/8/6 Phil Bull <philbull gmail com>:

> We're definitely not ready yet!

No, right now we are not.

What I see as a "problem", or at least I fear it, is that 2.28 will be
out September 21st, then we will have 6 months to work on the new
"user guide". I really think we should have something in place (= a
*detailed* plan), before that date, so that soon after the release we
can start to write (or even before), review or proofread. All of this
leaves us with a little bit more than a month. And we also need to
take into account how to handle translations.

(BTW, it would be great to have a GNOME Doc session during FOSDEM
2010, I know that GNOME usually have a room there)

> I'd like to recruit and train a few more
> contributors, do some serious user testing and plan things out properly
> first. I think that we should also try to get more downstreams involved.

That would be really awesome!

> I'm working on (finally!) writing-up some of the planning-related things
> I discussed with Lynda at WOSCON at the moment. I've attached an
> unfinished draft, please let me know what you think.

Good work! I think it's shaping out quite well!

>> What about having an IRC meeting next week so we can start talking
>> about this and writing down things on the wiki? Or even this coming
>> Sunday...
>
> That sounds like a great idea.

Sunday might be a too short notice, I know that Paul is traveling in
these days, what about next week? Shaun, what's the best day&time for
you?

--
Milo Casagrande <milo casagrande name>