Re: To answer your question about the upcoming Style-Guide...

Andrew Clausen <clausen@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
> > > So where would "Starcraft" go?  No "game" in there.
> >
> > note that I did explicitly make a reference to the lsm and keywords. an lsm
> > for starcraft would SURELY read something like "strategy, game, multiplayer"
> > or something like that.
>
> I really like this idea.  Do you think it would be a good idea to set up a
> matrix, so the keywords are separated from their meanings.  That way, you could
> summaraize the rules in a sentence, like "strategy games that aren't
> multiplayer".  Or, perhaps more useful, "network utilities that are clients and
> not servers".  It could end up being a real pain, but feedback for newbies in
> the form of a sentence might be nice.

if we can agree to support that the user has several folders on the panel,
we have next to agree on a way to put freshly installed apps in there, and I
think this is the way to go.

one of the related problems is whether this is a property of the folder?
(conflicts are possible!) or a global one? (not easily accessable from the
individual folders).

I think there should be a "simple" and one "advanced" interface for this.
the simple interface gives you a list for every folder and you can click
"yes, put here", "no, never put here" or leave blank. that way you could
already create quite sophisticated distribution policies, like splitting
graphics apps from other apps by having "graphics" set to "no" in the normal
apps folder.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.