Re: Need a core dump.

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:41:09PM +0200, Jon K Hellan did utter:
> Danie Roux <s9806673@student.up.ac.za> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This may be a dumb question. How do I get my application to give me a core
> > dump? I get the very user friendly "Your application crashed" dialog box.
> >
> > But I need a core dump.
>
> export GNOME_DISABLE_CRASH_DIALOG=1

Makes me wonder if the "Your app has crashed" dialog should have an
expert/advanced mode (either as a GNOME global setting, or simply as a
dialog button) that brings up some extra info about the crash. Including the
option to dump a core. (no doubt other options may be appropriate. "restart
app" could be one...

.../Nemo                                             email:<nemo@net.house.cx>
                                                http://www.net.house.cx/~nemo/
<MrMarkJ> nemo: You're never awake nor asleep.  You exist in that dreamlike
          twilight state between the two...