Re: Need a core dump.

> Makes me wonder if the "Your app has crashed" dialog should have an
> expert/advanced mode (either as a GNOME global setting, or simply as
> a dialog button) that brings up some extra info about the
> crash. Including the option to dump a core. (no doubt other options
> may be appropriate. "restart app" could be one...

Another useful option would be to throw up a form that asks for what
the user was doing that may have caused the crash, and gives them the
option of submitting their results and the corefile to a party that
wants to receive such bug reports?  (Basically, the "Talkback"
service used by Mozilla/Netscape projects.)

-Beland