Re: Reprise of the panel layout proposal

James Ramsey wrote:

[ . . . ]

If changing the GNOME GUI to better fit its target
audience means that some of the current users of GNOME
can no longer use the latest changed GNOME desktop in
the same way that they used the older GNOME desktop,
it probably means that those users were not using
GNOME for its intended purpose in the first place.

I recently read a history of OS/2. It was claimed that the major reason that OS/2 failed was because it was written by develepors *for* end-users, while most other pieces of software were written mainly by the people who used them -or- written based on specific consumer requests. It seems to me that this is the way most of the people here are thinking.

--
:    __o
:   -\<,