Heartsome XLIFF Translation Editor for document translation?

Hi,
I would like to ask if there have been any developments since January
(see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-January/msg00051.html)
about using the XLIFF Translation Editor to translate docs and po files?

I have tried the lite version, referenced at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-localis/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-localis2/
however it lacks the translation memory. Overall it looks quite
promising and should make many translators happy.

I am quite happy with the outline that Kenneth makes at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-January/msg00051.html
Perhaps the GNOME Foundation should pick this issue up?

Cheers,
Simos