Re: Heartsome XLIFF Translation Editor for document translation?

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 18:04 +0000, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

I would like to ask if there have been any developments since January
(see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-January/msg00051.html)
about using the XLIFF Translation Editor to translate docs and po files?

Heartsome XLIFF Translation Editor supports PO files and also DocBook now. It is able to do conversion from PO to XLIFF and back.

I used this editor to translate several Fedora modules to Spanish.

I have tried the lite version, referenced at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-localis/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-localis2/
however it lacks the translation memory. Overall it looks quite
promising and should make many translators happy.

Hope you liked the articles. A third chapter devoted to translation memories is in preparation now.

I am quite happy with the outline that Kenneth makes at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-January/msg00051.html
Perhaps the GNOME Foundation should pick this issue up?

A new version of the editor will be available in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned, there will be good news for free lance translators and people working on open source projects.

Regards,
Rodolfo