Re: On the newsreader subject

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>    If someone is going to implement a newsreader (and I think Pista has
> some code, do not know in which direction), they should probably look
> at the design of the GNUS newsreader.

> 	- article display: once an article is retrieved, it removes
> 	  extra headers; adds header/quotation coloring; it does
> 	  mime-decoding; and sticks the result on a gtk-xmhtml widget.
Miguel,

	Don't forget some of the features in Free Agent and DejaNews...
If an article has multiple segments, it should be possible for the
newsreader to combine them when viewed.  It makes things SO much easier.
I know in DejaNews and Free Agent when you are viewing a huge FAQ it can
combine all the pieces together.

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.