Re: splitting the gnome cvs

On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Sergey I. Panov wrote:

> Miguel de Icaza:
> > Before I go into splitting Gnome, I need to know how to deal with a
> > couple of things:
> >
> > 	- gettext:  If we split gnome into pieces, I do not want to
> > 	  have a gettext implementation shipped with every module.
> >
> > 	  Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this?
>
> Isn't the gettext included in glibc? If it is, should there be
> gettext in gnome libs?
>
>  Sergey

But what if people are using libc5.x?  Maybe use configure to see if it's
installed, and if it is installed outside where GNOME would put it (or if
it's an older version) it might decide not to install.

ja ne,

Lester Barrows (Ryoga)  |  ICC Operator   |/~~|        \   _|___ \``
barrows@Oswego.EDU      | SysOp, NeoA88   |   |  |    --+   |   |
www.oswego.edu/~barrows | Linux Inside!       |  |~~    |  ,'  ,'
"Do or Do Not: There is no try."  -Yoda    __/  (l\_  _/  /   /