Re: On the newsreader subject

Szekeres Istvan <szekeres@cyberspace.mht.bme.hu> writes:
> Someone told me c-client is a memory hogger (see: pine), and recommended me
> not to use it for the newsreader. I don't know the truth, but nntp is simple
> enough not to use an external library for it.

Versions packaged with PINE 3.X are big memory hogs.  Version packaged
with IMAP4beta aren't.

However, I don't know if the c-client license is as restrictive as
that of pine, which has forced Debian to put pine in non-free.

Mike.
--
Michael Alan Dorman               |     E-Mail: mdorman@law.miami.edu
Network Administrator             |             Phone: (305) 284-2463