Re: .po files

>>>>> "Nils" == lohner  <lohner@ICD.Teradyne.COM> writes:

Nils> Where should the gnome-libs.po file come from?

It is generated by scanning the source files with xgettext.

Nils> I'm trying to compile gnome on a Solaris 2 machine, and will put
Nils> together a doc (maybe an addition to gnome-libs/HACKING?) that
Nils> others can use as a first time compile FAQ.

Cool.  Actually, I thought there was one, but I don't remember where
it is.

Nils> PATH=../src:$PATH : --default-domain=gnome-libs --directory=.. \
Nils>   --add-comments --keyword=_ --keyword=N_ \
Nils>   --files-from=./POTFILES.in
Nils> rm -f ./gnome-libs.pot
Nils> mv gnome-libs.po ./gnome-libs.pot
Nils> mv: gnome-libs.po: No such file or directory

This happens because you don't have GNU gettext installed.
For me, the ":" on the command quoted above is "xgettext".

Make sure you install the alpha gettext -- the one from alpha.gnu.org.
The last public gettext release is too old.

Tom