Re: XFree86 specific extensions used in gnome?

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > I got this running keyboard-properties and mouse-properties:
> >
> > Xlib:  extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display "192.168.0.3:0.0".
> >
> > The display is an Exceed X server running on Win95.
>
> Oh, they die?  That is so very strange, as they dont die when I use my
> Indy running IRIX.
>
> > ** ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
> >   serial 38 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0
> >
> > ...which the compile faq attributes to a bad imlib. The imlib I'm using is a
> > recent one from CVS. I'm gonna double check if those are really the libs
> > I've been linking with. In the mean time, if anyone knows other reasons for
> > the BadMatch, be sure to let me know.
>
> I do believe this is an Imlib problem.  I am running a very old Imlib
> due to the problems with Imlib in 24 bpp displays.  I wonder if Raster
> has looked at this?

There's a similar thread on the Enlightenment list, about newer
Imlibs crashing on Windows X-servers.  The consensus there was
that the Windows X-server was at fault (not 100% compliant?).  It
seems to run fine locally, but core dumps when run remotely
through Windows.  An older Imlib (1.3) did not core dump.  That's
as far as it's gotten.

John

P.S.--It wasn't me, so don't ask.  (c: