Current cvs panel compilation and execution problems

I just updated to the current cvs modules and I seem to get some
compilation errors compiling panel.  Are people working on this?
Heres the error:

main.c:434: too many arguments to function `create_menu_applet'

There seems to be many other small problems.

Also when I try to execute some old panel executables I get
** WARNING **: Couldn't find FQDN of this host [rinckemd]. Your /etc/hosts
file

I dont understand what it's looking for.  My /etc/hosts seems correct
to me.

Thanks

Miles