Re: gnome-libs requires gtk 1.1?

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Andrew Clausen wrote:

> Eric wrote:
>
> > Hihiii..:)
> >         I am also compiling GNOME-Libs on FreeBSD 3.0 box
> >         Can you please tell me where to get the gtk-1.1 ??
> >         And can you compile ORBit successfully?? on mine ,
> >         it says /usr/include/sys/uio.h have some things wrong ..:PP
>
> I got gtk-1.1 off the gnome CVS.  Soren wrote I good CVS howto page - you
> can follow the link from the Gnome page's "getting started".
>
> Could you give a screen dump of ORBit's failed compile?

Hi Eric,

I compiled it under FreeBSD-2.2.7 successfully. Simply add in the file
src/ORBitutil/compat.c the folling line:
#include <sys/types.h>

In ORBitutil/machine_endian.h you might have to comment out the line
#indclude <endian.h>

but keep
#include <sys/endian.h>

Then in src/orb/server.c you possibly have to comment out the line
#include <sys/poll.h>

and finally in src/idl-compiler/orbit-c-backend.c you have to redefine
#define INDENT "indent ... (lots of options)"

#define INDENT "cat -"

because 'indent' on my system cannot be used as a filter (reading from
stdin and writing to stdout).

Hope this helps,
Joachim

P.S. I have problems now adding applets to the panel, that I haven't
had with MICO. (at least with multiple applets)