CVS autogen.sh -- I see the light!

Raja R Harinath wrote:

> Raja R Harinath <harinath@cs.umn.edu> writes:
> > James Smith <j-smith@physics.tamu.edu> writes:
> > > I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but randomly choosing three
> > > gnome-packages in the CVS tree, I found none could be built.
> > > macros/autogen.sh is missing from all three.  The three I checked are:
> > > gnome-pilot, grpm. gnome-libs.  Not sure about others.  Code is pretty
> > > useless to the person who hasn't developed it if there is no way to
> > > compile it...
> >
> > Where did you get the code.  If you got it out of Jim Pick's CVS
> > snapshots ftp server, you will have to get the `gnome-common' module,
> > and put symlinks in every package to gnome-common's `macros' and `intl'
> > subdirs.  You'll also need a symlink in `gnome-libs' to gnome-common's
> > `support' subdir.

Thanks for the tips.  Wish I had more time to just figure it out on my
own, but I don't - summer school's coming to an end and I have too much
to do:)

I got the code off the cvs tree as described on
http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/gnome/cvs.shtml except I didn't get them
module by module, just all at once (in two passes, local and remote cvs
got out of step part way through the first try).  We'll see how it goes.