Re: Writing panel applets?

>> I think mailcheck, and even cpuload would benefit from this too,
>> since mailcheck would like to launch/talk to balsa, (or whatever),
>> and the cpumeter would probably like to launch gtop (or whatever).
>> The clock might want to launch the calendar.  See the pattern?

George> most likely I would put this in the right click menu
George> .... which is easy to add to ... so you see new mail .. so you
George> right click and select "launch balsa" or something ... same
George> thing with the cdplayer applet, clock, mixer, whatever ...

This is another area where CORBA is appropriate.

For instance, you might want to use the mailcheck applet but a mailer
other than balsa.  Or balsa might already be running (meaning that
launching a new one would be inappropriate).

The idea is simply to centralize use preferences for tools and the
launching of tools.

Then the mail check applet could request the mail reader object
(launched if required), and then send a message asking that mail be
read.

Tom