Re: Restoring properties on startup

Chris> Session management support is there, but that is not the
Chris> issue. As far as I can tell there is no way to reload the
Chris> properties when X starts up, unless I missed it and the Gnome
Chris> status page is wrong as well. I'm still finding my way around
Chris> though, I'll look again...

Ok, I see.

If you are using the session manager, then the properties should be
reloaded automatically.  You shouldn't have to do anything special.

This works because the session management code in the *-properties
programs arranges to run (e.g.) `mouse-properties --init' the next
time the session starts.  This code is in the function property_main()
in main.c.

(If you do need to do something special when using the session
manager, then that is a bug.)

It's true that if you just run `mouse-properties --init' from the
command line then nothing happens.  Federico pointed this out the
other day.  I just checked in a fix.  So now if you don't use session
management you can just run each *-properties program with the --init
option in your .xinitrc.

Does this address your concerns?

Tom